Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Your Loving Voice

Psalm 143:8
(MSG) If You wake me each morning with the sound of Your loving voice, I’ll go to sleep each night trusting in You.

I’ve been waiting to do this study for a while now; it’s been on my heart for over a month while I’ve been in transition spirit, soul and body! Just let these verses from the Message and the Amplified Bibles speak to your heart – Jim

John 10:4, 14, 16
(MSG)
4 The gatekeeper opens the gate to him and the sheep recognize his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he gets them all out, he leads them and they follow because they are familiar with his voice. 5 They won't follow a stranger's voice but will scatter because they aren't used to the sound of it.

14 I am the Good Shepherd. I know my own sheep and my own sheep know me. 15 In the same way, the Father knows me and I know the Father.

16 You need to know that I have other sheep in addition to those in this pen. I need to gather and bring them, too. They'll also recognize my voice. Then it will be one flock, one Shepherd.

Familiar/know – intimate 


John 18:37
(MSG)
Then Pilate said, So, are you a king or not? Jesus answered, You tell me. Because I am King, I was born and entered the world so that I could witness to the truth. Everyone who cares for truth, who has any feeling for the truth, recognizes my voice.

John 7:16-17
(AMP)
16 Jesus answered them by saying, My teaching is not My own, but His Who sent Me.

17 If any man desires to do His will (God's pleasure), he will know (have the needed illumination to recognize, and can tell for himself) whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking from Myself and of My own accord and on My own authority.

Isaiah 54:13
(AMP)
And all your children shall be disciples [taught by the Lord and obedient to His will], and great shall be the peace and undisturbed composure of your children.

Prov 3:6
(MSG)
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.

Prov 4:20-22
Dear friend, listen well to my words;
   tune your ears to my voice.
Keep my message in plain view at all times.
   Concentrate! Learn it by heart!
Those who discover these words live, really live;
   body and soul, they're bursting with health.

Well, I hope you are as blessed and even more so as I was while typing this study! God Bless!

References:
Translations marked with ** are retrieved from http://www.biblegateway.com/  BibleGateway.com © Copyright 1995-2010 Gospel Communications International
**The Message Bible (MSG)—Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995 by Eugene H. Peterson
**Amplified Bible (AMP)—Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment